There are so many benefits of James Hardie Siding on any home. Right along with remodeling your windows, doors, or roof, it’s one of the best ways to bolster curb appeal. James Hardie Siding addresses several deficiencies you inevitably endure with traditional materials.
Here’s why we like this siding material so much.
Numerous Benefits of James Hardie Siding
Hawthorn Exteriors has no qualms about saying that fiber cement siding is the best choice for homeowners in St. Louis.
What is fiber cement siding? It’s a newer material, made from cement, sand, water, and cellulose fibers. It was invented as an alternative to the many shortcomings of vinyl and wood siding.
Fiber cement siding is fire resistant, moisture resistant doesn’t struggle with bacteria/algae, and corresponds with all the modern styles of roofs, windows, and doors. Although it’s not a cheap product, homeowners who are willing to make a long-term investment in their homes will definitely want to explore this modern siding material.
As always, feel free to peruse all the examples you’ll find on our website. Those come from the real St. Louis homes of overjoyed, satisfied customers.
Other Great Benefits of James Hardie Siding
There are several ways James Hardie Siding is an upgrade over traditional wood, vinyl, and other siding materials.
- You never have to deal with woodpeckers, rodents, insects, termites, or other pests eating or eroding it.
- If you use a competent installer, it’s nearly completely invulnerable to moisture intrusion.
- It can withstand the forces of nature in many forms: rain, snow, sleet, hail, and ice. This is great news considering the wild and unpredictable weather we get in St. Louis.
- The manufacturer guarantee lasts for 30 years, but the product itself can last for 50 years.
- It doesn’t suffer delamination from the sun’s UV rays.
- James Hardie Siding gives you significantly more vibrant colors and styles than vinyl.
- It doesn’t fade like vinyl, either.
- The upkeep and maintenance are manageable, and you only have to repaint roughly every 10 years (less often than wood products).
- It’s compatible with several beautiful home styles like Board-and-Batten, Farmhouse, and other rustic tones.
- It has unmatched durability, owing to the fact that it’s five times thicker than vinyl.
Make Sure You Get It Installed By a Professional
One of the things we stress a lot is the need to get James Hardie Siding through a qualified contractor. There are many companies in St. Louis that will say they can install this brand, but without manufacturer training, they can’t corroborate that with good results. Trust us when we say this costs way too much to leave in the hands of amateurs.
Hardie boards and planks come in different sizes and designs compared to other siding materials. That alone makes it a different project than what most contractors are used to doing. On top of that, you have to have training on how not to leave excessive overhang, sloppy joint connections, insufficient nailing, and other workmanship issues.
Hawthorne Exteriors, on the other hand, has gone through the entire certification process with James Hardie, all the way to the master-level contractor. We’re also part of the Contractor Alliance of capable siders for James Hardie Siding.
Learn More About Expert Installation of James Hardie Siding Through Hawthorn Exteriors
In addition to that, we’re rated as the #1 Siding Company in St. Louis, according to BloggerLocal. We earned that designation through years of hanging James Hardie Siding is our primary specialization. In fact, we’re the only consistently reliable construction contractor for that product in the entire area.
Siding isn’t our only skill, though. We even do great work on windows and doors. All of our clients in the St. Louis area applaud our workmanship on every home exterior task.
You can learn more about the outstanding benefits of James Hardie Siding by contacting Hawthorn Exteriors at 636-597-6009.