What are the Costs of Siding Installation Failure?

Table of Contents

Costs of siding installation vary, but there is no denying how expensive it can be when done wrong. Replacing the siding on your home is a substantial investment, one you want to make only once or twice in your life. The costs of siding installation failure are high, which is why it is vital that you choose the right contracting company.

Not only is siding crucial for insulation and weather-proofing but also for the aesthetics of your home. That means you want a siding specialist who can offer you best-in-class materials and a high-quality installation.

Weighing Up the Costs of Siding Installation

Siding replacement is a costly process, particularly when using James Hardie siding. Understandably, homeowners may choose a cheaper bid, but this often costs them more in the long run.

Installation is Key for a Successful Siding Replacement

Many clients underestimate the importance of installation in the siding replacement process. In fact, the product is only about 15% of the equation, and the other 85% is how well it is installed. You can have a fantastic product, but it won’t perform effectively if installed poorly.

Shabby Installation Practices Can Lead to Damage

James Hardie is a tricky product to install because it is heavy and requires specialist equipment. Many installers don’t use instruction manuals or look for industry best practices. Instead, they look for the easiest option at the cost of the longevity of your siding.

Unfortunately, as a homeowner, you may not notice a bad installation immediately. The damage often happens behind the siding if it hasn’t been correctly installed. Moisture damage can have catastrophic effects, especially if it affects the structural substrate.

In the case of severe damage, you may need to:

  • Remove all the siding from the house
  • Replace the sheathing
  • Repair any rotted framing

The costs of siding installation failure can double or triple the amount of your original siding replacement.

What to Look for in a Professional Contractor

When choosing a contractor for your siding replacement, find a specialist. Rather than dabbling in various areas, a specialist will know industry best practices and use quality products that they will put their name behind. If you want a one-and-done installation, a siding specialist is the answer.

Tips for finding a professional contractor:

  • Ask for references.
  • Look at other projects they have done using the siding you are interested in.
  • Check that they are insured.
  • Look at their Google reviews and visit their website. It should be professional and detailed.
  • Look at their offerings to see if they are a siding specialist or a generalist contractor.

Hawthorn’s Approach to Siding Installation

When you contact us, we will set up a convenient time for an at-home consultation. We will walk through your home, assess your wants and needs, and answer any questions you have.

You will also get a 3D rendering from us to see what the finished project will look like. This also helps you make design and color choices.

If you are happy and decide to move forward with the project, you will get a line item proposal to see all the costs involved. We also offer financing options.

Our goal is to have a transparent process and communicate with you every step of the way. That includes daily updates and a final walk-through at the end of the project.

We offer a lifetime warranty on our labor and use James Hardie siding. This gives you peace of mind that you have the best product and an excellent installation on which we are willing to stake our name.

Let us Help You Avoid the Costs of Siding Installation Failure

We often see homes needing a siding replacement because of a poor installation, which is devastating for homeowners.

Your home is important to you, and we care as much about the renovation process as you do. If you want to find out more about the costs of siding installation, contact us for a free estimate.

Mark Moore

Mark Moore

Founder & CEO